The Electronics Engineer will be involved in the development of products for global brands, from consumer products to medical devices. Working alongside the London engineering team to manage projects across RPD’s global operation, from early development into mass production.
The role will involve wide involvement, across all aspects of each project, allowing ownership of the electronics development alongside project management and procurement teams.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Finding solutions to client briefs and mapping out development processes
- Working alongside factory teams to help produce products at scale
- Development of PCBs and systems for manufacture
- Prototyping and experimentation to invent, break and fix things
- Working alongside broader engineering teams to develop new global products
Essential Knowledge required for the role:
- Knowledge of digital and analogue circuit design
- Interest in consumer products, especially ease of use, out of box experience, and other human factors
- Knowledge of system block diagram creation
- Experience in schematic and PCB design
- Interest in low power design and battery operated products
- Knowledge of wired protocols such as I2C, SPI, UART, etc
- Relevant Degree or experience in electronic engineering.
- Ability to work successfully on multiple projects concurrently
- Self-motivation and ability to work independently without supervision
- Excellent communication skills and ability to collaborate in a mixed skills team
- Ability to understand the need to estimate timelines and define project scope
Nice to Have Knowledge:
- Power electronics experience, including motor control and power supply design
- Interest in prototyping and mass manufacture
- Working knowledge of IoT wireless protocols, such as NB-IOT, LTE CAT-M, SIGFOX, LoRa, etc
- Knowledge of ARM Cortex M Series processors
- Knowledge of Bluetooth Low Energy and the nRF5x series
The role will be based in Clerkenwell, London.
Office address: 16 Bowling Green Lane, London, EC1R 0BD
Working hours: Mon-Fri 09:30-18:00
Reports directly to COO