Packaging Procurement Manager
We are looking to recruit a commercially driven, enthusiastic Packaging / Procurement Manager to join our existing team. The successful candidate will need to be able to negotiate with suppliers, forecast demand and source both new and alternative products.
The role will involve working in a fast paced environment with a diverse portfolio of products. Managing product and packaging development for innovative products.
Roles and Responsibilities
- Developing packaging concepts for small scale consumer testing and sourcing appropriate materials
- Managing innovation led products into consumer testing, coordinating pilot production lines and production schedules
- Project and Production Management;
- Establish effective and achievable production plans, consolidating information from procurement and supply chain logistics
- Control project budgets and enforce deadlines
- Managing risk, ensuring quality and enabling a collaborative environment
- On-boarding, auditing and clear and controlled communications with factories and suppliers, enforcing quality and timing requirements
- Client communications;
- Ensuring you have timely, accurate, clear and concise information to clearly communicate to clients
- Demonstrating an ability to communicate clearly and work collaboratively with technical and marketing clients
- Sourcing key packaging products locally & internationally through effective negotiations with suppliers and independent research
- Experience of purchasing or procurement ideally within innovative products.
- Ability to maintain excellent quality standards without compromising business efficiency
- Good interpersonal skills and the ability to build and develop business relationships
- Ability to meet tight deadlines and react positively to change
- Ability to work autonomously and as part of a team
- Ability to work under pressure and remain calm and efficient in a fast-moving environment
- An excellent eye for detail and the ability to cost and budget products accurately
- The ability to demonstrate excellent organisational and planning skills to ensure product delivery is on time and to budget and to customer quality specification
- An inquisitive and creative mind able to identify product and process solution
Rapid Product Development partners with large and small businesses to deliver new products to market and lead the pace of global innovation. We work directly with senior management and R&D or innovation teams, to solve problems, develop sustainable solutions and bring them to market.
We are building a team of exceptional, passionate people, with the vision and energy to shape the future of engineering and product innovation.