Project Operations Manager
RPD are looking for a new team member with a strong understanding of project management, manufacturing and engineering to join our China team.
Ideally the candidate will have a passion for and experience in project management for manufacturing - operating complex supply chains and organising the teams that run them. This person will work closely with our UK team and will be responsible for over-seeing manufacturing contracts executed by our Chinese Office.
The role will be based in Shezhen, China, with trips to the UK 4-8 times per year (project dependent).
Your Role at RPD:
- Working with the UK and China team to understand the requirements of our products and establish the necessary production contract
- Working with the UK and China team to establish a effective and achievable production plans
- Managing the execution of a complete plan for production, supporting the other China team members in factory communication and consolidating information from procurement through to quality assurance
- Managing risk assessments and logs throughout the procurement and execution of a project, building risk mitigation plans and implementing these within projects
- Supporting the China team in the communication with suppliers, enforcing the quality and timing requirements.
- Working with the UK team to understand project progress and managing suitable client communication
- Hosting client visits to the China office and facilitating tours of the factories in RPDs supply chain
- Overseeing the factory on-boarding process and supporting the team auditing new suppliers
- 5-10 years experience in relevant industry working in project management or engineering
- Experience managing small teams and international communications
- Experience working in manufacturing with multiple suppliers and factories
- Understanding of manufacturing processes (Injection moulding, metal fabrication techniques, CNC, PCB/A, Assembly)
- Expert Excel confidence and skills
- Excellent communication skills and the ability to proactively collaborate
- Fluent English and Mandarin Language skills
- Basic understanding of electronic engineering
- Skills in CAD and 3D Modelling
- Good knowledge of materials and their applications
- Good sketching and hand drawing/ hand rendering skills
- Experience in a client facing role
RPD operates new product development, manufacturing and supply chain elements of your business, to deliver new products to market and lead the pace of global innovation.