RPD operates new product development, manufacturing and supply chain elements of businesses, to deliver new products to market and lead the pace of global innovation.
We are building a team of exceptional, passionate people, with the vision and energy to shape the future of engineering and product innovation.
A role leading development of products for global brands, from consumer products to aerospace. Working alongside a small London engineering team to run and manage projects across RPD’s global operation, from early development into mass production.
Wide involvement, across all aspects of each project, allowing you to take ownership of the firmware development alongside project management and procurement teams.
- Finding solutions to client briefs and mapping out development processes
- Development of firmware for testing and basic operation
- Development of firmware for mass market products
- Prototyping and experimentation to invent, break and fix things
- Working alongside broader engineering teams to develop new global products
- Working alongside factory teams to help produce products at scale
- Microcontrollers: Experience with ARM Cortex M processors
- Excellent embedded C skills
- Working knowledge of at least 1 high level language, such as Python, C#, Java
- Experience with SPI, I2C or UART
- Experience with the nRF52 series, or any other Bluetooth Low Energy (BLE) devices
- RTOS experience
- Low power experience
- Experience with factory setup for programming and testing
- Experience with consumer products, especially ease of use, out of box experience, and other human factors
Nice to Have Knowledge
- Wireless TCP/IP and networking experience (e.g. Wifi/3G)
- IoT protocol knowledge, such as 6LoWPAN, COAP, MQTT
- Experience with embedded unit testing
- Experience with embedded GUI development
- Experience with USB device development
- Knowledge of mobile phone app development, for Android and/or iOS.
- Knowledge of web development, including HTML, JS/ECMAScript, CSS, Websocket/REST APIs
- Digital Signal Processing (DSP) experience
- 2 - 4 years experience in relevant industry, working in design, engineering and manufacturing
- Self-motivation and ability to work independently without supervision
- Excellent communication skills and ability to collaborate in a mixed skills team
- Ability to accurately estimate timelines and define project scope
- Ability to work successfully on multiple projects concurrently
- An interest and ability in defining and developing standards and procedures for firmware development